You deserve access to great care at a great price
CareConnect offers a variety of health insurance plans for individuals, families, groups and employers in the New York metro area so you can find the coverage that best fits your needs — with monthly premiums that could save you up to 20% or more† compared with the amount “big-name” insurance companies charge.
†Based on a comparison between CareConnect offerings and publicly available rates for similar plans
For Most plans you choose, you’ll receive:
- Free preventive care, including checkups, well-woman visits, birth control* and many vaccinations and screening tests
- Vision and dental coverage for children until their 19th birthday
- Direct access to in-network specialists — no referral required!
- A network of top-quality hospitals and doctors throughout the New York metro area, including Northwell Health and carefully selected partners, such as Maimonides Medical Center, Montefiore Health System and more
- Access to more than 100 urgent care centers in New York and nearly 1,000 walk-in clinics across the country
- Money-saving options, such as lower-cost mail-order delivery for long-term medications
- Unlimited access to our highly trained Service Connectors, who can find you the right doctor, make your appointments, explain your costs, handle your paperwork, and more
- Stay-well perks and savings, such as gym membership reimbursements of up to $1,000 per family each year**
- Access to no-cost phone and video consults with board-certified physicians from the comfort of your own home with our Teladoc service**
* There may be an exception to the free birth control coverage on group plans for groups that meet the requirements for a religious exemption
**Members of the CareConnect Northwell Health Employee Plan are not eligible for wellness program reimbursements or Teledoc services
All plans also provide coverage for these essential services:
- Outpatient care — the kind of care you get without being admitted to the hospital
- Inpatient care — care in which you’re formally admitted to a hospital with a doctor’s order
- Emergency room care
- Pregnancy (prenatal) and newborn care
- Mental health, behavioral health, and substance abuse treatment, including counseling and psychotherapy
- Prescription drugs
- Services and devices that help you recover after an injury or that you need for a disability or chronic condition
- Lab tests
All CareConnect plans are exclusive provider organization (EPO) plans
That means we’ll help you pay your medical bills when you use a doctor, hospital, urgent care center, laboratory or other health care provider in our network.
If you receive care from a provider outside our network, we will not help you pay for any of the bills, with two exceptions:
- If you receive emergency care or emergency medical transportation, we will provide the same cost-sharing coverage whether those services are in-network or out-of-network.
- If you need a service that is not available within our network, we may cover it from an out-of-network provider if you have our written approval ahead of time. Approval decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.